Tivity Health Inc
About Tivity Health Inc
Tivity Health, Inc. provides fitness and social connection solutions. The Company’s programs include SilverSneakers, Prime Fitness, WholeHealth Living, and Wisely Well. The SilverSneakers offers a fitness facility access program, through commercial health plans, employers, and other sponsoring organizations. It also offers virtual fitness experiences, including live instructor-led classes. The WholeHealth Living program offers a continuum of services related to complementary, alternative, and physical medicine. WholeHealth Living also offers alternative, and physical medicine practitioner locations to serve individuals through health plans and employers who seek health services, such as chiropractic care, acupuncture, physical therapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, and more. The Wisely Well brand offers meals designed to support individuals and caregivers who are seeking meal convenience as well as those recovering after hospitalization or living with chronic conditions.
Anthony Michael Sanfilippo
Independent Chairman of the Board
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
Adam C. Holland
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Accounting Officer
2.67 mean rating - 6 analysts
Revenue (MM, USD)
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
|Mr. Richard M. Ashworth||Pres, CEO & Director||1.7M||N/A||1975|
|Mr. Adam C. Holland||Chief Financial Officer||411.91k||N/A||1979|
|Mr. Ryan Wagers||Chief Accounting Officer||294.16k||N/A||1978|
|Mr. Thomas E. Lewis||Chief Operating Officer||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Ms. Sarah Richardson||Chief Information Officer||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Mr. Matt Milanovich||VP of Investor Relations||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Mr. Joseph Raymond Bilbao||Chief Legal Officer & Corp. Sec.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Jill Meyer||VP of Corp. Communications||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Ms. Bonnie Schirato||Chief People & Culture Officer||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Mr. Chris Morrison||Sr. VP of Strategic Management||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Amounts are as of December 31, 2020 and compensation values are for the last fiscal year ending on that date. Pay is salary, bonuses, etc. Exercised is the value of options exercised during the fiscal year. Currency in USD.
Tivity Health, Inc. provides fitness and health products primarily for seniors and older adults in the United States. The company offers SilverSneakers to members of Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, and group retiree plans; Prime Fitness, a fitness facility access program through commercial health plans, employers, and other sponsoring organizations; virtual fitness experiences, including live instructor-led classes; and WholeHealth living program, a continuum of services related to complementary, alternative, and physical medicine. It also provides Wisely Well brand meals designed to support individuals and caregivers who are seeking meal convenience, as well as those recovering after a hospitalization or living with chronic conditions. The company was formerly known as Healthways, Inc. and changed its name to Tivity Health, Inc. in January 2017. Tivity Health, Inc. was incorporated in 1981 and is headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee.
Tivity Health, Inc.’s ISS Governance QualityScore as of September 26, 2021 is 6.The pillar scores are Audit: 5; Board: 2; Shareholder Rights: 4; Compensation: 10.
Corporate governance scores courtesy ofInstitutional Shareholder Services (ISS). Scores indicate decile rank relative to index or region. A decile score of 1 indicates lower governance risk, while a 10 indicates higher governance risk.
$29 Monthly Fee for Access to Network of 10,000+ Gyms Nationwide and Discounts With Over 20,000 Health and Well-Being Specialists
Whether your goals are physical, such as losing weight and maximizing energy, or emotional like dealing with stress and improving your mood, Fitness Your Way can help you meet your goals, on your budget and do it all on your own time. Fitness Your Way offers access to nearly 10,000 different fitness locations for just $29 a month, as well as other health and well-being specialists and discounts.
Fitness for your budget
- Only $29 per month and a low $29 enrollment fee.
- Get up to 30% off on more than 20,000 experienced health and well-being specialists including chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, personal trainers, nutrition counselors, yoga and pilates instructors and more*
- Save on vitamins, exercise equipment, aromatherapy, organic products, and unique gifts*
Fitness for your time
- Visit any participating fitness location — anytime, anywhere — as often as you like
- Locations include select Planet Fitness®, Curves® and Snap Fitness®. A limited number of Gold’s Gyms and YMCAs in certain areas are also participating. Use the Fitness Your Way gym locator below to locate gyms near you.
- Your locations are determined based on your eligibility. Verify your eligibility to see which of these locations you have access to!
Flexibility to achieve your goals
- With 10,000 locations, find fitness classes that fit you and your needs
American healthcare company
Healthways redirects here. Healthways (scuba gear firm) is now part of Johnson Outdoors.
"Healthways" redirects here. For the Healthways brand after 2016, see Sharecare.
S&P 600 component
|Chief Executive Officer |
|Services||Fitness, nutrition and social engagement solutions|
Number of employees
Tivity Health, formerly Healthways, is a provider of health improvement, fitness and social engagement solutions.[buzzword] Tivity Health is headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee with offices in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania and Chandler, Arizona. The company was founded in 1981 as American Healthways and rebranded to Tivity Health in 2017. Tivity Health acquired Nutrisystem Inc. (including the South Beach Diet brand) in March of 2019, and agreed to sell the nutrition business to Kainos Capital in October 2020. As of 2020, Tivity is known as one of the leading advertisers on the conservative cable television channel Fox News.
- 1981: The company was founded as American Healthways.
- 2003: The company's name changed from American Healthways to Healthways in order to better compete for business outside the United States.
- 2006: Healthways acquired Axia Health Management, which had both SilverSneakers and QuitNet, a company that spun-out of Boston University as a for-profit entity in 2000, in its portfolio.
- 2009: Healthways acquired HealthHonors, a behavior economics company that specializes in behavior change science and use of incentives.
- 2010: Blue Zones and Healthways teamed up to create, support, and sustain a national movement to improve community health and well-being.
- 2011: Healthways acquired Navvis & Company.
- 2013: Healthways and The Lampo Group, Inc. entered into an exclusive agreement for Healthways to deliver the CORE Financial Wellness program as part of its Well-Being Improvement Solution.[buzzword]
- 2013: Healthways contracted with Dean Ornish to operate and license his Lifestyle Management Programs.
- 2011: Hedge fund North Tide Capital started to invest in Healthways.
- 2013 December: North Tide Capital bought additional shares in Healthways. They proposed four new board members.
- 2014 February: CEO and founder Thomas Cigarran resigned.
- 2014 early: Following a board shuffle that included appointing North Tide's CEO and founder to the board of directors, Healthways engaged J. P. Morgan Securities as advisor.
- 2014: Healthways operated eight "Well-Being Improvement Centers" (WBICs) across the US, and three international facilities.
- 2016: Healthways divested its subsidiary MeYou Health.
- 2016: Healthways sold its brand name and a large portion of its business to Sharecare.
- 2017: Healthways rebranded to Tivity Health.
- 2019 December: Tivity Health announced plans to acquire Nutrisystem, Inc. (including the South Beach Diet brand, which Nutrisystem had acquired in 2015). Nutrisystem's CEO Dawn Zier was named president and COO of Tivity health after the merger. Zier stepped down from this position.
- 2020 February: Tivity Health announced the departure of Donato J. Tramuto as CEO and his resignation from the board. The company appointed current director Robert J. Greczyn, Jr. as interim CEO while it conducts a search for a new CEO.
- 2020 October: Tivity Health announced that it had agreed to sell the Nutrisystem business to Kainos Capital.
- ^ abcHolly Fletcher (January 10, 2017). "Healthways rebrands as Tivity Health". The Tennessean.
- ^Kennedy, Eleanor (30 October 2015). "New Healthways CEO: Performance has been 'unacceptable,' company 'suffered from a lack of focus'". Nashville Business Journal.
- ^ abc"Tivity Health, Inc. (TVTY)". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- ^"Tivity partners with Walmart Health". The Nashville Ledger. November 8, 2019.
- ^"Tivity Health Inc". Bloomberg L.P. November 18, 2019.
- ^ abAllison Prang (December 10, 2018). "Tivity Health to Buy Nutrisystem for $1.4 Billion". The Wall Street Journal.
- ^ ab"Tivity Health Announces Sale of Nutrition Business [press release]".
- ^media matters, Fox News advertisers
- ^"American Healthways changes name, ticker symbol". Nashville Business Journal. 31 January 2006. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- ^David J. Craig. "BU spin-off creates online community of smokers kicking butts". Retrieved April 11, 2010.
- ^"Healthways Acquires HealthHonors To Advance Sustained Engagement in Healthy Behaviors". Benzinga. October 14, 2009.
- ^"Healthways, Blue Zones Enter into Exclusive Agreement to Improve Well-Being of U.S. Communities". www.businesswire.com.
- ^"Navvis Healthcare, LLC: Private Company Information". Bloomberg.
- ^"Check out the latest from Dave Ramsey!". www.daveramsey.com.
- ^"Healthways and Dr. Dean Ornish Join Forces to Bring Proven Treatment for Reversing Chronic Disease to Millions". marketwatch.com.
- ^DuBois, Shelley. "Healthways board scuffle carries high stakes". The Tennessean.
- ^Fletcher, Holly. "Healthways hires adviser, launches strategic evaluation". The Tennessean.
- ^Sharecare. "About Healthways". www.healthways.com.
- ^Ryan McBride (September 21, 2018). "MeYou Health Enters Social Gaming Realm with Daily Challenge for Improving Well-Being". Xconomy.
- ^Fletcher, Holly (July 27, 2016). "Healthways to sell division, brand to Sharecare in major corporate shake-up". Tennessean. Retrieved December 15, 2020.
- ^Racke, Will (July 27, 2016). "Healthways to sell 600-job division amid major restructuring". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved December 15, 2020.
- ^Snyder, Eric; Hilario, Kenneth (10 December 2018). "Tennessee firm to buy Nutrisystem in $1.3B deal". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- ^Stinnett, Joel (9 December 2019). "Former Nutrisystem CEO out at Franklin health care company". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- ^"BRIEF-Tivity Health Announces Departure Of CEO Donato Tramuto". Reuters. 2020-02-19. Retrieved 2020-03-26.
You will also be interested:
- Golf birthday card ideas
- Holiday farms lots for sale
- Attributes meaning in telugu
- Vegetable troughs planters
- Honda snowblower review
- Auctions sumter sc
- Jabra engage 65
- Piano letter notes songs
- Clinical operations director salary
- Russian soccer table